Minibus transfers from airport to Granada
Private Minibus transfers from Malaga airport to Granada one of the most beautiful cities in Andalusia.
Granada lies at the foot of Sierra Nevada mountains and with an altitude of 3479 metres ( Mulhacen Peak).
In the 80s Sierra Nevada was declared a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO and in 1989 a very large area was declared a natural park and in 1999 a large part of this mountain was considered a national park for its botanical values.
Granada once the capital of a Moorish kingdom and they reigned from the 13th century until the 15th century, considered by the Moorish as ‘heaven on earth’ upon arrival.
The Alhambra Palace fortress was constructed on a hill top and considered Paradise amongst the Moorish Nasrid Dynasty and still today it is considered one of the most beautiful attractions in the world.
Although now predominantly Christian, Granada has embedded in its city’s culture influences from Islamic, Jewish, Christian and Gypsy traditions.
The Albaicín (old Moorish town) and the Alcaicería (spice market) have an authentic Arabic flavour.
Colourful Gypsy culture and fabulous flamenco dancing in the caves of the Sacromonte quarter.
Below we have listed a few suggestions of what to do and visit in Granada.
- The Alhambra, the most visited monument in Spain. Be sure to book in advance as it is very busy.
- The Albaicin neighbourhood, with its white washed houses and narrow streets.
- Granada miradors, amazing views of the city and the Alhambra.
- The Sacromonte, famous for cave houses and a former Gypsy neighbourhood well known for its Flamenco shows.
- Granada Cathedral and the Royal Chapel built by the Catholic kings in the 16th century.
- Flamenco shows.
- Carmen de los Martires boasts a French Baroque garden, the British garden with a 3 tier fountain and The Nasrid patio.
- The San Juan de Dios basilica, a Baroque Church built in the 1700s, it’s interior offers a golden feast for the eyes.
- The Bib-Rambla square and the Alcaiceria market are the best areas for shopping and coffee shops in Granada.
- Visit a traditional Hamam, ancient Arab bath houses.
- Cartuja monastery dating back to the 1500s, located outside the city (30 minutes) it can offer light relief from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Granada Science Park is a fantastic treat for Adults and children alike.
- The Sierra Nevada ski resort is only 49 minutes away offering hikes and skiing.
Pre-book your private Malaga Airport transfer to Granada and simply pay your driver on arrival.
Remember when booking your return transfer a 5% discount will be automatically applied.
Private Transfer from Malaga airport to Granada: start from 130€
Malaga Airport to Granada 7 pax people carrier: 167€
Malaga to Granada Minibus: start from 262€